There is a distinct dress code when it comes to the corporate world that helps in determining what can be worn and what cannot in the workplace. This dress code for the majority is common sense while for some it is a little difficult to grasp. For those men who fall under the second category, below are some office wear tips exclusively for male employees.
What to avoid?
There are specific forms of lingerie or sexy clothing that strictly should be reserved for the after-work activities and should not be regarded as office wear be it under any circumstance. In fact, companies that implement casual wear for their workers on Friday must not allow the below-mentioned styles of clothing for being used by employees. These include,
- Tennis shoes
- Flip flops
- See-through shirts
- Funky and bright T-shirts
- Low rise pants
- Torn Jeans
- Shirts have plunging necklines
- Leather jacket
Explore the latest office wear fashion for men
The trends and styles of men’s office wear are conventional but stylish in its appearance. Fashion designers have begun focusing on the minute details as well and have rounded up the current men’s fashion trends pertaining to workplace wear.
Stringently formal- Something that will always remain in style is a business suit. This looks neat and smart. Suits in black, grey or dark blue will be the right choice. In any business event or an interview, team it up with a dazzling white shirt, polished shoes and a matching tie
Casual Fridays- Cotton trousers and khakis are widely accepted as workplace wear. Complementing khakis with button-down shirts or a collared shirt will be a smart choice. As Friday is a casual day, forego the cufflinks and the tie. Graphic T-shirt and jeans are casual for sure, but this is not business casual. One can carry a jacket or a sport coat.
The different benefits of choosing the right corporate clothing
When men dress up in the right corporate clothing it can do wonders in improving their looks and also at the same time make them feel confident and good about themselves. Simply put, it can help in the following ways namely,
- Augmenting the employee’s confidence, making it simpler for him in carrying out his job accurately
- Enhancing the employee’s pride that he has for his co-workers and his company
- Encouraging participation and teamwork in the office
- Improve the branding and the advertising potential of the company via creating walking advertisements and incorporate uniforms
- Enable clients to recognize their employees immediately so they become aware who they must communicate with when they require asking queries or gathering information regarding the company
- Boost up the confidence that the customers possess in the company and the employees
Not to forget, the office wear will remain incomplete without some necessary accessories. Of these shoes and socks are most essential. Most importantly the colour of the shoes must compliment the outfit and must be polished and cleaned. In the case of socks, select a matching colour and of an ideal length. Socks that are dark-coloured will be a universal choice. Those having calf length will be a safe option. Last but not the least wear evening dresses clothes that are neat, clean and ironed for that smart and professional look.