If you are looking for a nice and luxurious fibre blend then you should choose chiffon as the best option. Though most of the times it is made from natural fibres but sometimes synthetic or semi-synthetic fibres are also blended together for making chiffon. You should always go for high quality chiffon fabric for enjoying a great combination of comfort and style.
- Natural fibre blend: Since chiffon is made by combining different natural fibres especially silk and cotton, therefore, you can have the highest comfort. Moreover, your skin will also stay protected from unwanted rashes. The soft feel of chiffon outfits will truly make you crazy. Due to a high comfort level, these outfits can be worn for long hours.
- Gorgeous appeal: High quality chiffon fabric is absolutely luxurious in look and thus gorgeous outfits can be created from it. Layers of beautiful linen will surely add a touch of elegance to these outfits. Women’s evening wears especially floating and elegant looking gowns are now mostly getting prepared from chiffon fibre.
- Lightweight fibre: Since the fibre is pretty light-weight in nature, therefore, the weavers do not find it difficult to weave it. Moreover, the fabric caters a very smooth texture to any outfit. Outfits with simple designs will also look quite gorgeous if elegant chiffon fibre has been used.
- Special care: Since chiffon fibre is so much delicate therefore it demands a special kind of care and maintenance. It cannot be washed in washing machines rather it needs to be washed carefully with hands. Else you can also take the decision of choosing the laundry option for a perfectly professional cleaning. Home laundering should be carefully conducted so that the chiffon can be protected against distorting or stretching. Gentle soap and Luke-warm water need to be used for washing the fibre and after washing it should be rolled nicely within white towel so that the water gets soaked up. Proper ironing is very much necessary after the fibre is being dried up.
- Costly to make outfits: Since the fibre is so very transparent therefore adding linen is essentially needed. This addition often increases the overall cost of the outfit to a great extent. The fibre has got a slightly rough kind of feel and in some cases, tighter weaves make the outfits quite uncomfortable and stiff. The fabric is highly inflammable and thus it catches fire easily. Chiffon is not the correct choice for making kids’ nightwear.
You also need to protect the fibre from stains as it gets stained quickly. On the other hand, sewing this luxurious fibre is not an easy task rather it is pretty challenging. High quality chiffon fabric needs special care while sewing.