E-commerce is without a doubt, the fastest growing business sector, and from the consumer’s perspective, there is little argument that online shopping has its advantages. Broadband connectivity and secure online transactions have paved the way for the digital consumer, and if you have yet to immerse yourself in the world of digital commerce, here are just a few of the reasons why you will soon be in the minority.
- Time Saving – Think of the time it takes you to prepare and then visit a bricks and mortar retail outlet, and when you factor in the time it takes to get there and park, you could end up spending half the day looking for one particular item. Once you have made the decision to purchase a product, simply go online and conduct a search, which will land you on the website of an online provider.
- Lower Than Retail Prices – This is possible due to the much reduced outgoings of the online retailer, who has no need for pricey retail premises in the trendy part of town, and directly employed sales staff are also no longer required, making the retail price considerably lower. The other benefit with online shopping is the ability to very quickly compare quotes, which assures you that you have the best possible deal. You might, for example, want to buy some cleaning supplies online, or perhaps a new fridge, and a simple online search is all it takes to put you in touch with an online retailer.
- Free Delivery – Usually, when ordering products online, the delivery will be included in the price, which means you do not have to drive to the supplier’s store and collect it. It isn’t just the small things that attract online shoppers, as many people buy their furniture and electric appliances online. You can even order a new car, which will be delivered to your door in pristine condition, and the money you would save by going through an online dealer would be substantial.
- Total Security – Actually, buying online is safer than any other purchasing method, and all online retailers would use the latest in security software for financial transactions. Many online retailers are so confident you will be happy with your purchase, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee, and with your credit card data securely protected, there is virtually no risk with e commerce.
- Instant Service – Ever has a sudden impulse to buy something? Only to find the desire leaves by the time you actually locate the store, but with online shopping, you can instantly make contact with the right supplier, and once a secure online payment is made, the goods will be on their way. This is also great for those who forget things easily, as when it is fresh in your mind, you can place an online order.
The online consumer has all the advantages and the future looks bleak for many traditional bricks and mortar retailers, who will not be able to match online prices, and with more than 2.5 billion smartphones in use today, the future of e commerce looks sound.